Sunday, March 24, 2013

30 Weeks....The countdown begins!


How far along? 30 Weeks
Total weight gain: 21 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No Hallelujah!
Sleep:  Getting tough with all of this extra weight…not really a side or back sleeper so I really just have no clue how to get comfy.
Best moment this week: Getting Dawson’s hospital hat! 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything?  Eating without heartburn!
Movement: He is loving his karate practice these days!
Food cravings:  Sour Skittles again!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have had a few waves of nausea lately…weird?!?!?
Have you started to show yet: Most definitely
Gender prediction:  Baby Boy Dawson
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In- but it seems to just be fading away to nothing
Wedding rings on or off? On, but getting a little tight
Happy or Moody most of the time: A tad moody...I blame my back pain

Looking Forward to: Hearing Dawson's heartbeat this week!

I cannot believe baby Dawson is getting so big!  I am sooo excited to only have 10 weeks left in my countdown! Things have been great for the most part.  Lately I have had this terrible back pain to the point that nothing I do relieves this pain and I just cannot get comfortable.  I just want to lay out flat and cry multiple times a day lately but my wonderful hubby helps me get some relief putting pressure where I hurt and massaging my back.  I have had off and on pain all of my pregnancy, but nothing like this.  Sometimes it is my hips, but lately it has been from my shoulder blades all the way down to my hips and sometimes shooting down my leg....I thought uh oh sciatica?!?  I surely hope not,but I am so excited to have my appointment to see a chiropractor tomorrow!  I hope that I am just majorly out of alignment and he is able to give me some releif to get through the next 10 weeks.  I tried sooo hard to say oh its just normal...but many of my recently pregnant friends have said I should call the doctor considering it isn't going away and seems to take my breath away it is so painful at many points in the day.  At first I thought I just need a nice massage...well I called the doctor and obviously a massage will releive the tension but if I am crooked or Dawson is on a nerve than that will not fix my problem.  They told me to call a chiropractor so I did ASAP.  I was a tad nervous since I have never seen one and even more nervous considering I am pregnant. Being my researching self...I just had to read some articles on chiropractors and pregnancy.  To my amazement it can be super beneficial with labor and delivery being just around the corner.  It can help breech babies turn, help my hips line up for the proper position, and obviously relieve pain from carrying the baby.  I was also excited to read that many women who had been using chiropractors in the last trimester found that their labor and delivery was faster.  At this point I am looking for pain relief, but if it works the wonders they say it does I am truly looking forward to the benefits! 
So excited to put my baby boy in his hat! I love it!!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. You look adorable!! Also, I have a friend who swears by going to the chiro when shes pregnant. I hope it helps with your pain!!

    ReplyDelete