Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gender Reveal Party and 18 Weeks

Boy? or Girl? That has been the never ending question since the day we found out we were expecting.  I have long anticipated this post and could not wait for the day to arrive! 

I was super excited that my appointment was so close to Christmas when the majority of our family would all be in town.  I thought what a perfect opportunity to have a Gender reveal party. We went to Raleigh for Christmas and came back home for our appointment in hopes to have the answer and head back to Raleigh for a reveal party.  Our appointment was on Friday morning and I had planned the party for Saturday.  I had been ok up until Thursday night...then wham....overwhelming concerns of what if she can't see the gender at our scan....what if we get bad news and don't feel like having a party.  I tried to pray my concerns away knowing that God is in control of the baby's future as well as the cooperation of our ultrasound.  Although I knew all would be well I woke up at 4 a.m. and did not go back to sleep!  I was way too pumped about my appointment!!!  Once Brent woke up to go to work I had to get my mind off of all of the nagging questions.  I got up ate breakfast ( 2 times lol) washed dishes, laundry, packed our bags for Raleigh....took an eternally long shower....got ready and still had time to drive to McDonalds and Target before 11:00!  Finally Brent was home and we headed to the docs office.  I got soooo excited I was shaking! 

Once she took us back I prayed please cooperate baby!  As soon as she waved the wand over my belly WHAM I saw it....there it was a very obvious gender!  She told me not to get carried away that we need to make sure and there are many tricky things to look at and we would come back to it after she did some measurements.  I was 100% confident I had seen correctly but then said ok...maybe not and was happy to see a healthy baby being measured.  After she did her measurements she tried to go back and wiggle around....and once again I said see I told you...It is a boy!  She said you are right no denying it we are 100% confident you cannot mistake him for a girl!  I was so thrilled that he cooperated ( for the most part)  He refused to give us a good profile view seeing that he was facing my back with his arms and legs tucked up....but we did get some good shots none the less! 
Dawson Job Little
 
I love those sweet feet!!!
After a wonderful appointment we learned that he measures a tad ahead ...nothing too large and weighs around 1/2 lb. at this point.  I didn't hear a length or I was too excited to notice when she told me.  We are so grateful to have seen a healthy baby with no indication of any problems!
 
 
Once we got done I came home and made cupcakes for the party and hit the road.  I was soooo nervous about spilling the beans but I did a pretty good job!  YAY for me :)  The preparation was so fun knowing what was inside when no one else did!  Once our family arrived we had them vote.  I knew what the verdict would be....girl...all along most people have said girl that we have known, but I have always had a feeling it was a boy.  Funny thing was both Brent and I had dreams the night before the ultrasound....I told him it IS a boy I cannot quit dreaming that and he said he dreamed girl...making things interesting, but mama knew best ;)  !  We had a great time with the reveal and I would not change a thing about it!  I am so glad we got to announce our baby boy in such a fun way. We already love our Dawson Job Little so incredibly much and cannot wait to watch him grow!
I am standing on the boy side...Brent is on the girl vote side!
Girl?....Boy???
The mothers  are digging in!!!
Oh the shock and excitement!
Yippeee!
Excited about meeting Dawson in June!!!!
We had such an awesome time and I cannot wait to dress up baby boy like his daddy :) Oh yes...blue jeans and button ups will be on Dawson quite frequently!
 
We love you Dawson! See you in June.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I almost cried reading this! That is so sweet and exciting! That "Little" baby boy is going to be so loved and spoiled :) I'm so happy for both of you and I just KNOW you are going to make wonderful parents.


    Love you both,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete