Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Stop Comparing... The guilty social media mom!

So this is a "let me write out personal feelings post" ... I've not done one in a while so I figured hey why not?!? 
So I have an issue... And I'd imagine I'm not the only mom that has this problem. I like to call it social media comparing.  Ever since I've had Dawson I find myself more interested in social media and blogs.  These can be great things... I love keeping up with my friends I don't see and reading fun facts and recipes on blogs etc... The problem I find is I start comparing.  "Wow, look at how much that mom does during nap time!"  " I must be a bad stay at home mom because I don't always craft or cook during nap time" "Oh no.. I'm not feeding my baby all organic?!?"  "To vaccinate not to vaccinate"  All of these things run through my mind many times a month.., and I would dare to say I've become a mom who compares her parenting to others.  Thank goodness for a husband who keeps me grounded.  I tend to overthink everything.  As if being a mom wasn't hard enough... Comparing myself to others life is harder.  I've learned that parenting comes in many fashions and I need to do what works best for us... Not what works for the working mom, the perfect Pinterest mom, or the go with the flow mom... I need to be me, Dawson's mom!  I've seen so many moms judging one another and comparing stories on social media and it's sad.  So I've decided to stop comparing and not to be that judging mommy!  Some breastfeed some don't... Some sleep train some don't... Some eat junk food some don't ... But news flash we are all moms trying to figure this parenting thing out as best we can and comparing ourselves to one another doesn't make it easier! 
So my truth is... I am very routine with D and it works for us.... I feed him healthy
food mostly, but he has some sweets each week...I let him watch some cartoons everyday...
I want to be crafty during nap time, but most days I'm not feeling it  and plop down on the couch with some coffee and enjoy my peace.  
I vaccinate and allow medical advice.  I put him to bed at 7:30 so I can have some time with my husband.  This is me as a mom and I'm going to own it!  So there it is... My raw feelings of stuff I'm working through.  I hope all if my mom friends will enjoy every moment of motherhood despite all of the pressure to be something other than who you are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment