Saturday, May 18, 2013

38 Weeks and Ready to Pop!

How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: 25 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Not too many
Sleep: Off and On….Heavy baby, bathroom trips, and mockingbirds
Best moment this week: Scheduling my last few doctors appointments!!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? In all honesty I’m now missing the ability to bend over easiliy!
Movement: All the time!
Food cravings:  Italian!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just when I over eat!
Have you started to show yet: Understatement
Gender prediction:  Baby Boy Dawson
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks are getting stronger , some cramping, Dawson’s head is low and ready!
Belly Button in or out? Just plain crazy looking….in but the top pokes out ?!?
Wedding rings on or off? Off
L
Happy or Moody most of the time: Somewhat moody…just ready to meet my baby!
Looking forward to: Holding my little man in my arms!

Well for now we are in the waiting game!! Everyday I wake up hoping for some action, but want whatever is best for my little buddy!  I am excited to have the end in sight and knowing that the maximum amount of time I will be pregnant is around 3 more weeks!  EEEEEKKKK needless to say that feels sooo good to say!  I had my appointment Wednesday and everything looks great, Dawson is growing perfectly on schedule and moving down as necessary.  I started having some cramping this week and braxton hicks quite frequently so the doctor went ahead and checked to see if I was progressing.  He said that I had definitely softened but no dilating yet, but that the cramping and contractions are the start to a possibly short or long process....Basically his words were keep an eye out now that you are term any day could be the day!  Oh how exciting yet so blah not being able to know....I have such a "need to know" personality that this part kills me!  As for now we will keep an eye out for the signs and get the bags packed! 
I think seeing this face makes the wait so much longer to me....I cannot wait to kiss those cheeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment