Tuesday, February 12, 2013

24 Weeks and some Exciting News



How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain: 12 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? No Hallelujah!
Sleep:  Really struggling these days between baby boy kicking and my back aches!
Best moment this week: Getting a lot done in the nursery
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything?  Easily putting on my socks
Movement: Yes!!! He is a wiggly little one!
Food cravings:  My sweet tooth is back with a vengeance
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Most definitely
Gender prediction:  Baby Boy Dawson
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In- and praying it stays that way!
Wedding rings on or off? On, but getting a little tight
Happy or Moody most of the time: Lately I’ve been happy with random weepiness
Looking forward to: Hearing his heartbeat next week!





So to start I am sorry for being such a LAZY blogger...I guess I am at the stage where I want to see bigger numbers for my weeks :)  Also, I have been so up and down with the big decisions that come with having your first child.  Shewww calculating finances...thinking about childcare...thinking about all of these medical bills etc.  has really taken a toll on me the past few weeks. 

Brent and I had really  began to talk about important issues once I hit about 19 weeks.  We started thinking about what would be the right decision of childcare for Dawson as I would return to work in August.  We had prayed about this issue since the time I got pregnant but really it did not seem to bother us at all until reality set in!  We had talked to a good friend about in home care and touched on daycare , but we were pretty much against daycare since my work schedule is so flexible and I do not work in the summer or over holidays.  We had been set that we would just do in home care with a friend from church and I would return to work once mid August rolls around.  The more we disgussed things and prayed for a peace....the less I felt okay with this decision.  I had always thought that I would be a working mom and that was that.  The more I talked to Brent the more I seemed to cry about that decision...I could not wrap my mind around dropping my child off with someone while I go and take care of other peoples children.  Call me crazy and I know many people have to do this and it is a reality, but I could not convince myself that it was right for me.  Brent and I agonized over what to do because obviously God was not allowing the peace we had prayed for and I was not going to easily sign a contract feeling this way!  The more we prayed and listened to the sermons at church the more we were both convinced that I needed to be a mom before a teacher.  How could I truly raise my child the way I think is right when the majority of my time is spent with other peoples children?  The hard part was seeing the numbers add up....how would this work?  After much prayer and thinking we decided that I would stay at home.  Oh buddy was I nervous about turning in my letter of intent, but God always has a way of showing you that you are doing the right thing.  That week Brent got a good raise and when I went to talk to my principal he actually wanted to talk to me about next year.  I thought UH OH....how do I tell him this, but before I knew it we were talking about if there was any way I should spend a couple of years at home with my child.  He was saying how important that time is and that he highly encouraged it....WOW what an easy way to resign.  With all that being said I am beyond excited, yet nervous to be a stay at home mom!  I thought I would never say that, but I am glad that God has clearly shown us what I should do and that even though there will be some sacrifices it will all be worth it!



4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I stayed at home with my 2nd until she went into kindergarten. Looking back I so wish I had remained at home. So I am very happy God has led you to make this decision. You may have to sacrifice some things you want, but the benefits will outweigh any sacrifice you have to make. I love you guys & miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Littles!
    We are SO excited for you and just wanted to encourage you by saying we love and are so proud of your decision. You will never regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you!! Being a stay-at-home-mom is THE BEST. I love spending all day with my babies and I know you'll love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete