Wednesday, March 12, 2014

9 Months Old

How old? 9 Months
Total Weight:  over 20 lbs. Find out soon!
Length: Not sure …around 29” or so
Eating:  This boy loves food!  He will eat anything. 
Sleep: Napping like a champ twice a day.  Sleeping a solid 11 hours at night WOOHOO!
Fun Facts:  He is saying some words…uh-oh, mama, dada, bye bye, and pap (paci)
New Developments:  Dawson is trying so hard to walk!  He can pull up and walk around the whole living room going from table to couch to ottoman etc.
 

OH. MY. GOODNESS....it is only 3 short months until my baby is 1 Year Old!!!  Dawson has grown so much over the past month.  Brent and I both keep saying...what happened?  He went from just figuring out how to get into the sitting position alone to pulling up and walking around.  He went from eating pureed food to eating finger foods.  He went from just squealing to saying and understanding a few words.  I am so shocked how quickly he is growing up! 
We are starting to see a stubborn streak in our sweet little man the past few weeks.  Lately with these developments has come a sense of independence.  If mommy says no we whine, if mommy takes away a toy we throw our head back and cry, if mommy changes our diaper we kick and scream.  SHEW! I have got my hands full with this little boy, but I wouldn't change a thing about him.  He is so spunky and fun to be around.  He is constantly making us laugh and then wrapping us around his finger with that sweet gooey smile! 

Lately he has become fond of his toy car.  The other day I heard him whining and the next thing I know he had dragged his car over to me and was hitting me.  I put 2 and 2 together...ding he wants to ride his car.  This has now become a daily event after breakfast.  Mommy cleans up and Dawson drags his car out and fusses until mommy pushes him around. 
Weeeeee....mommy this is so fun!
 
Recently I have had to start messing around with Dawson's naps.  He has been such an awesome napper and sleeps so hard that he was beginning to sleep through lunch.  We are talking from 10-12:45 or so.  I know...most people would love this (and I do) but he has started fighting going down for his afternoon nap or wanting to nap too close to bedtime.  So we are now having to wake him up around 11:30 to feed him lunch and make sure he goes back down around 2:30 or 3.  It seems to be working very well so far!  He has been doing so well sleeping at night also.  I could not be more proud of how far we have come.  I am so thankful that his tummy is well and he is finally able to sleep in peace!
One of the many photos taken from naptime
 
So far Dawson has 3 teeth and one on the way that is taking way too long to break the surface!  He looks like a cute little pirate with his little teeth shining!  He doesn't seem to enjoy teething toys so I guess that is why his teeth tend to slowly break through. 
Well that is about all for 9 months.  We are super excited about the weather warming up so we can go to the park more frequently!  Yay for spring!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment