Monday, August 12, 2013

2 Month Check Up!

 

Band-Aid Baby!
 
This past Friday Dawson had his 2 month old check-up!  This mommy was not excited about her baby getting shots.  If you know anything about me, you most likely know that watching a needle enter someone is one of my biggest fears.  I can usually handle it when I get it done (after years of learning not to pass out).  But I still cannot watch someone else, let alone my child, get a shot.  I had told Brent that I was going to have to find someone to come with me or tell the nurse that I wouldn't hold Dawson.  I will do anything for my child, but I was more scared that I would drop him or let him fall from seeing the shot go in.  So I called the best person to call in these situations....who other than your own mother!  My Mom and Dad came and spent the weekend so that I would have some "support".

Dawson looked like he knew what was about to happen!

Grandma snuggling him before his shots.
Dr. Fisher is Dawson's pediatrician ( and no he does not normally look scary lol) .  I absolutely love him because he is "old school" and super thorough.  It is so nice to have a doctor who actually commended us for his tummy sleeping.  He even admits that the new SIDS rules have caused other issues with all of the back sleeping etc. and that as long as Dawson is strong ( and he is) then we need to do what is best for him to sleep!  As a new mom it is so nice to have a doctor who takes his time to sit and answer any questions that we have!
During Dawson's appointment we learned that we have a big "Little" boy ! He is growing like a weed and super healthy. 
Weight: 12 lb 13 oz (54th percentile)
Height: 24" (71st percentile)
Head: 42 cm (90th percentile)
Dawson seems to be doing well. His colic seems to be gone and we are going to start slowly weaning him back onto dairy this month.  Yay for mommy!!!
 
Dawson was not so perky after getting his shots ...poor fella!
We are thankful for a healthy, happy baby at 2 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment